Wilmington City Schools, Department of Pupil Services
Working every day to meet the needs of every student
- Assistance designing interventions for children having learning or behavioral difficulties.
- Speech and language assessments and services.
- Assessment and diagnostic services for students suspected of having a disability, in accordance with IDEIA (Individuals with Disability Education Improvement Act) or ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act) Section 504.
- Assistance in securing school-based counseling or health services.
- Consultation and liaison with outside agencies/professionals/organizations.
Suspect your Child is Gifted or has a disability?
For children ages 3 - 21, contact:
- Wilmington City Schools Case Manager Diane Hertlein at 937-283-7385
- Our district psychologists can also be contacted at 937-382-1641:
For children birth - age 3, contact:
- Wilmington City Schools School Psychologist Katie Poitinger at 937-283-7393
- Clinton County MRDD, Pam Stephens at 937-382-7519
- Help Me Grow of Clinton County at 937-382-5899